An output of the Future of Feeds Forum
is the recognition that understanding what consumers want and value is critical for the long term profitability and sustainability of the Western Canadian feed sector. The following list of websites contain information on consumer trends.
- A 2008 survey of the average consumption of food in the Canadian diet
The Manitoba Consumer Monitor Food Panel
Survey 11-01 Baseline
contains the baseline information of the MCM Food Panel.
Survey 11-02 Food Choices
contain information about the use of DNA technology for traceability in meat (slides 31-34).
Alberta Meat and Livestock Agency
Canadian Consumer Retail Meat Study
- An extremely comprehensive study regarding Canadian retail meat consumer attitudes from November 2010. Summary slides #13-15.
Future Fare 2012, Changing Mindsets, Terry Fleck, The Center for Food Integrity
Government of Alberta
Consumer Food Trends
- A series of short papers covering aging dynamics, food safety and fruit and produce perceptions
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Canadian Food Trends
- A report written in 2005, predicting trends to 2020.
Canadian Consumer Behaviour, Attitudes and Perceptions
- A market analysis report written in May 2005.
Saskatchewan Beef Industry Conference 2012 Presentations
The CCA presentation refers to the International Consumer Attitudes Study
Canada Beef Inc presentation
refers to consumer sources of trust (slide 19, trust in farmers) and beef buying habits (slides 23-25)
Saskatchewan Grocery Retail and Food Service
extensive value chain resources
for grocery stores and food retailers
Various pork retail studies
Center for Food Integrity
. A USA not for profit established to build consumer trust and confidence in the food system
The International Food Information Council Foundation 2011 Food and Health Survey
- primarily US based.
Making Safe, Affordable and Abundant Food, The Three Rights
based on an international survey done by Elanco Animal Health.